Doing My Head In

Nothing can be easy can it. So I remembered before we moved I had designed and built this control board with the intention of using it to control most parts of a radio. All good, you might think, but that is where the fun begins.

Windows 11 does not like the programmer I am using to program the bare IC’s. Linux on the other hand says my programmer is fine, but I have to fuck about with permissions each and every time I boot up for it to work.

Everything uploads fine in Arduino IDE but I hate using it and if you do not know all the correct flags in PlatformIO it shits its pants and complains.

I was using 2 16×2 LCD’s and 2 encoders, got dropped pixels on one screen and the other is not being detected by the processor. Neither encoder was working with the polling method and as there is only one interrupt on the processor, i gotta dick about now and refactor the code to only use one encoder and I might not have the flash space for that.

Anyway, I think I am at a point now where I have solved all the major problems and can get onto writing code to make it all work together. Here is hoping. Worst case scenario is that I redo the board using a better processor with more flash and ram. I got plenty here to choose from.

This is where I am at currently.

Its fun to bust out all the toys and make a mess.

PlatformIO settings for using USBasp programmer with the ATmega328p bare bones.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.