Antenna Tuner, It Works

Well, the saying goes, 3rd time lucky. In my case it is 4th time, well 4th version of the design and 3rd time I have had boards made for this. The good thing is, it works this time. There are not masses of strays floating about anymore. They are just about all eliminated. You can see by the gain plot that its nice and linear with 0.5db loss from 1 to 30mhz. That is good enough for me. The losses are actually a little less than that, because i did not calibrate out the cable losses, but lets call it good enough for the kinds of girls I go out with.

Now its just a matter of rewriting the software to account for the changes I made and then putting it to use. Next version will have the capacitace switchable from low Z to high Z and there will be an SWR bridge and probably auto tuning. For now, i will finish this off and put it to use with some other home brew bits I have here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedin

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.