After reinstalling the server OS and restoring my backups there are always a couple of things that never work quite right again and need me to manually go in and change things. MySql database password is one and I can to that in my sleep, but something new this time is that the website is now SSL enabled with a Comodo SSl certificate. For some reason and I am not sure exactly why, restoring the backup borked the SSL implementation. I tried to find a fix for it for a couple of days and nothing that I did would fix it. So it was stuck in the to hard basket for another day. Well, yesterday I just removed everything SSL from the server and started from the beginning and got a new certificate issued. It all seems to be working now. Who would have thunk it, computers just never want to play nice HAHAHA.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.