I have been slowly and by slowly I mean very slowly working on the audio amp stage for a receiver that I am building. Its a slow effort as i try things, fail things and then finally decide on an actual plan. So, I was looking at using a TDA2822 in bridge mode as i have a bunch of those in my parts box here, but after building it and blowing a few up I figured stuff it, its time for a different tack.
Then i saw these on ebay, I have used the PAM8403 boards before but in a different configuration with a dual gang pot on there, they are class E, uber efficient and sound nice, so i figured fuck it, lets stop trying to make the parts count high and lets just use something that works. And yes these things work.
So i busted out the digital calipers and took a few measurements and knocked up a component for Sprint Layout and can now get to the next stage in the audio stage plan, compression, filtering, pre-amp and AGC. That is, if i do not get distracted by something else shiny and play with it for a while. 🙂